Going back to ramp is fun: Jacqueline Fernandez

Jacqueline-FernandezNew Delhi, July 22 : Former Sri Lankan beauty queen Jacqueline Fernandez is set to be the showstopper at designer Raakesh Agarvwal's show at the ongoing Pearls Infrastructure Delhi Couture Week and says she is excited to relive her days as a model.
The show is scheduled for the concluding day of the couture week Sunday.
"It's great that I am still getting a chance to be on the ramp. That's one great thing about female actresses here that you can get your little moment on the ramp every now and then. It's fun to model and I have always enjoyed the modelling experience. I always had a great time doing it and I am totally kicked about it," Jacqueline told IANS.
The 26-year-old, who was crowned Miss Sri Lanka in 2006, loves the hustle bustle of the backstage and the rehearsals. But she is still oblivious about the ensemble she will flaunt on the ramp this time.
"I have no idea what I am wearing. I trust Raakesh with my heart. He is a fantastic designer and stylist and I'm glad he has decided to keep my outfit a surprise for me," she said.
Jacqueline, who sported a black and beige knee-length dress for the opening of the second outlet of Dubai-based Landmark Group's Lifestyle store in the capital Thursday, says her personal style statement is extremely feminine.
"I like very feminine stuff like flowing gowns, floral sun dresses and a lot of elegant stuff," she said.
She even loves saris, but laments that she doesn't know how to tie one.
"I cannot drape a sari at all. But when I do wear a sari, it's for a really special occasion. I save it for very special occasions as I do believe they are stunning outfits.
"Practically, the amount of times that I have had to wear a sari, I should have learnt how to tie it by now. I am sure I can still manage if I work hard at it, but I don't think it would be as good as some of the professional drapers are," said Jacqueline, who loves designers like Satya Paul, Manav, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Anamika Khanna's creations.
Jacqueline ventured into Bollywood with "Alladin" alongside Riteish Deshmukh and followed it up with "Jaane Kahaan Se Aayi Hai". She was also seen in an item song in Sajid Khan's "Housefull".
She is now awaiting her third full-fledged role in the Hindi film industry. (IANS)

Comments